Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Feeling Dutch

Feeling very Dutch today.
I received a plate of warm jan hagels from Annette!
Yum!!! Just look at those perfect diamonds.
( I tried to cut these once...I butchered them!)
Wonderful with a hot cup of coffee.Thanks A!

Here is what else is making me feel Dutch. Tulips! In winter.
I was thinking just last week about my friend Darci and how she had
forced paper whites (narcissus) a few winters ago. They were so beautiful,
and smelled so good, that I really wanted try it sometime.
Well, when I went to Costco yesterday, lo and behold, there was a rack of
assorted tulips all ready to go in these fantastic forcing jars. It was difficult to choose.
Red and yellow, pink, solid red, yellow, cream? I finally settled on cream.
I have never seen cream tulips. They are fluffy too, like a peony.
I cannot wait until they bloom. I will post "Tulip Watch" when one finally does.

post script: The weather is helping the mood, too. It is cold (42') and drizzly here.



Love, Moorea

3 comments:

DoriAnn said...

Mmmmmm, Jan Hagels, I'll be right over!!!

DoriAnn

corry said...

Thanks for your visit. I love Jan hagel cookies, I never bake them myself though! And tulips...yes it sure feels Dutch!

Lucy said...

Yes you have both ingredients to feel very Dutch!!