Wednesday, January 9, 2008

I've Been Busy

While cleaning out the school room, I came upon this sewing box.
It is from my Great Aunt Vera. I remember visiting her in her home in
Nevada City every summer. This box has many old needle booklets and wooden spools
of thread. I keep wanting to clean it out, but somehow I just can't. It reminds me of
sweet memories, so I will put it back on the shelf for safekeeping until the next time I
feel the need to look through it.

Here is the Evening Star quilt top.
I have made great gains on it. I'll get it off that WISP list yet!


Here are my school-room bookshelves. I spent all day Monday closing out the
first semester, grading, sorting old schoolwork and and going through these shelves
to purge. I got rid of 50 lbs. of books! I know because I had to weigh them to put
postage with the posting I listed on veg. source. I already got a hit to sell the the heaviest
one! It feels good to have the room tidy and usable again.

We started school again today. I have learned from experience to take the first few days
slowly and not expect too much. So we should be getting back into our rhythm by next week.

Love, Moorea

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you've been **industrious**, moorea! wow.

sit down and have a cup of tea.

:o)

DoriAnn said...

I love the sewing basket! I used to rummage through my mother's and string together the buttons for her. Perhaps this is why I love sewing so much.

It's also fun to see the old fabrics and laces and remember where they came from.

DoriAnn-