I finished the little 3" scraps mini- which
finished at 22 X 17- and I can't decide
which color to use as the border. I am going
make a wall hanging for a dear friend at
church. I am leaning towards black. What do you
think? Please vote in the poll on the side bar.
Black- this one would really highlight the colors,
but will it detract from the brightness? I'd frame
it in a 1" border.
Brown- this looks good at first, but the more I
looked at it, the more it seemed blah. But in a
1" band, it could be just right.
Green- If it was not for the green block on the
left that disappears into the green, this may
work in a funky fashionable army sort of way.
Yellow- this seems too bright, but for someone who
LOVES color- it could be just the ticket!
Saturday, March 13, 2010
I finally made a decision to try to find more of this
Shamash Brothers fabric online. Unfortunately for me,
they have stopped making collections for fabric
retailers and have sold off old stock. They mainly do
upholstery/ design fabrics now. This print was from
2006- so I was very lucky to find 2 yards on ebay!
I had 2 fat quarters, but could not get a good fussy
cut of the designs for the Arizona Cross quilt.
Having more of this means I can fussy cut the strip
designs and incorporate them into the quilt somehow.
I finally had a break through on my Mom's Everglades
quilt. I had shelved it because it was just so
unbalanced and I could not figure out how to fix it
without opening the middle of it and adding one of
the everglades blocks. I had DoriAnn over last week
and asked her opinion of it and she agreed that
there seemed to be a "hole" where an everglade
block should be. We both had an epiphany at the same
time "Rip it down the middle and flip the bottom up
to the middle section." I sat and ripped seams,
flipped it and it worked! So I was able to get the
borders on today! Wahoo!
I cut the leftover border strips and solid color blocks
into 3" squares and played with them for a while until
I came-up with a pretty good design. This will be fun
to make into a doll sized quilt.
Sunday, March 7, 2010
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
I finally finished recovering the three rocking chairs
for the church Nursery. I did not know what in the world
I was doing, but with a little info and encouragement
from my Mom and Princess Buttercup- I did it! Thanks
ladies. It is a big load off of my mind to have it done
and out of my sewing area and garage!!! I'm Soo happy!