Sunday, January 13, 2008

30's Nine Patch

This is E's baby blanket. It is made from 30's nine patches that
my small quilt group traded for what seemed like a million years...
oh no, I was thinking of the bajillion 5" charm squares we traded for 2 years!
;o) Love you guys!
The nine patches were so fun to do. The four of us L, M, A & myself, would make
four of each fabric into a patch. One for us, then one to trade with eachother.
Sometimes we'd go crazy and have 8-10 EACH to trade.
Needless to say, we've got a lot-o-patches (170?)
I tried to take the boldest colors out. My mom arranged & sewed the blocks.
She did a fantastic job in placement. I quilted it across every block.
It looks & feels so vintage because of the tight quilting. It is wonderful.

Erik had a few firsts today. He read the Holy (picture) Bible with Daddy for the first time,
and he asked me "Why?" when I asked him to take his beloved galoshes off.
He asked why three times before I realized he was asking. Wahoo- a new word!

Love, Moorea

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's a beautiful quilt! and those toes...those toes are scrumptious! :oD