Saturday, January 26, 2008

Fabric Cabinet

I absolutely love this tin cabinet. It is from my Aunt Vera's kitchen in
Nevada City. She kept her dishes, pots, pans and silverware in it. I
remember the small jelly jars we used a juice glasses. She had jade-ite
plates and bowls. They were so pretty. OK, so much for the stroll down
memory lane. I now use it for my fabric stash. This past summer, I sanded
down all the rusty spots (inside & out) and spray painted it with white
appliance spray paint. It matched the original 1930's paint perfectly! I
spiffed-up
the little handles, too!It is 5 1/2 feet x 3 1/2 feet. I really try to
keep all
the fabric in here. It keeps me sane. I could fill-up boxes & bins, just
like
we all could (or do!). So with this, I can just say "NO!" to more fabric.
I have a shelf that I keep quilts in actual progress on.


Here are the cats that live on my tin cabinet. I made these in 1985.
Since my husband does not like cats, I won't get one, but I can dream!
These will do for now.


Love, Moorea

2 comments:

Tone Yvonne said...

Hello
Thank you for your kind comment on my tablerunner!!

You have a wonderful place here!! Love you 30's Stash and the Fabric Cabinet. Your cats are very cute :o)

This Janaury Challenge is fun, don't you think??
Wish you a great Sunday!!!

DoriAnn said...

I have always loved your cats!

It's kind of nice that your hubby prefers boys over cats, they shed less.

DoriAnn