Saturday, January 12, 2008

Two WISP's Finished!

This is a true WISP (work in ss-ll-oo-ww progress.) A Hawaiian appliqué for my
brother Tim in who lives in Hawaii. I believe I gave him the block with only the
appliqué (no quilting) for Christmas one year long, long ago (5 years). My friend
Annette, who introduced me to quilting, took pity on me this week when she
saw my horrid attempt at hand quilting this. Look at the job she did. I cried
when I saw it, it is so beautiful. I have posted a picture of the back as well.
I got the binding on it today. I cannot wait to put three hanging loops
on it and put it in the mail to him. This can't be counted for the May Britt
WISP contest (previous post) as a friend helped. But at least it is
off the To-do shelf! OK, this has also inspired me to learn to hand quilt.


Here is the 3"french fold binding for E's Cars quilt. I took a pic because I have
never
had the guide lines so straight before. It cut and iron/folded perfectly.

This is a WISP I can check off the list! Awesome.
I really doubt I would have finished this without
the May Britt challenge. Thank you Abyquilt!


I hope you can see the Nascar fabric backing. DoriAnn's MIL gave me
giant bags of fabric and this was in one. What a blessing!


2 comments:

May Britt said...

Two great quilts. I register both in the january challenge.

Tamara said...

I would say both quilts count. Just like May Britt said. Oh my hubby would love the Nascar quilt. But it would have to be Earnhardt SR.