Tuesday, January 22, 2008

30's Stash


I really needed to go through my 30's stash and organize it.
I have been tossing fat quarters on the box and it was starting to fall out
of the cabinet. It looks so pretty when it is organized.


Here are the nine patches. They are the ones left over from making E's
baby quilt. I want to cut white muslin to pair with these to have ready
to use as leaders and enders.

Here are the beautiful railroad sets we traded at our little quilt group.
I counted 173. I have the cornerstones cut, I just need to cut 6.5" white muslin
squares. I can't wait until I get to work on this. It is going to be so beautiful.

Quilting has really been a great process of learning for me. I am a
kinesthetic (hand-on) learner. I do not follow patterns well, I have always
done better if someone showed me. I am a great watcher/copier.
Quilting is changing that. I am beginning to trust in my abilities to follow
a pattern and let myself make a mistake. My seam ripper is my friend!

Love, Moorea

4 comments:

Lucy said...

Ohh Moorea, yoru 30's fabrics are gorgeous! and so many :-)

Moorea said...

Thanks Lucy! I pick-up bits here
and there...I really want to make something wonderful, but I cannot
decide..I LOVED the Triangle Treat you made, but then I see other patterns,too! Oh well.

Inger said...

These fabrics are absolutely lovely. ou realy got a lot of them. Have a nice weekend.

DoriAnn said...

You are so organized, truly that is a talent as well as the quilting.

Bless your day!
DoriAnn (croaker)

by the way your soup was fantastic! The boys begged to have it for breakfast the next morning! Sure beats oatmeal!!!!