Monday, March 24, 2008

Wisteria

I took 15 minutes here and there Saturday & Sunday to get all
the orange & white pieces traced & cut for the 10 orange snail's
trail blocks. I am ready to go! Now I can sit and do 15 minute
sewing sessions. I have also figured out that I can get all the
pieces, except sashing, for 10 blocks out of a white fat quarter.
This has turned into a really fun project.

This is the wisteria on my porch. It is a Texas Purple.
I planted this after seeing a show on PBS years back about a
garden in Australia where this gal had a 100 year old wisteria.
She had a technique that allowed the flower buds only to bloom,
not any leaves. It will still bloom all summer, but with vines
and leaves. I planted this that next spring and trained it all summer.
This is what it looks like every spring.

Love, Me

No comments: