Saturday, March 8, 2008

Jacob's Baby Quilt

I finally got the label on the sweet baby quit my friend
the Amazing Annette (aka Princess Buttercup) made
for Jacob. I wanted it to be big enough that he could
use it for a while, so she made the field of tiny 1 -1/2"
blocks pretty large and I added the blue border for
a finished size of 49" x 43"! She had them on a board
that she used to fiddle and fuss them around on.
These are some snippets off of the 2" strip sets left over
from making my Grandma's quilt (see Stolen Quilt post.)
It is very special. Thanks Annette for making this for Jacob,
it is a treasure. Great minds think alike- look at this quilt
from Inspired By Antique Quilts, it is exactly the same, just
with reproduction fabrics. Cool.

mom quilted it diagonally, and it looks
like it is channel quilted.

Love, Moorea


No comments: