Saturday, March 15, 2008

Snail Trail Block

While Beloved watched How the West Was Won, the Littles slept and the
Big Boys devised new ways of keeping the Littles out of their LEGOs...
I made THIS! Now, I have never made a quilt the old fashioned way:
using a templates of tiny pieces, tracing them and cutting each tiny
piece out with scissors! I have always used a rotary cutter.
When I started this, I was not quite sure I was going to like it!
I have had this pattern and fabric for at least four years. I really
thought I should wait until I had all the fabric to begin, but I
realized today that I could have this for four more years before
I start it. I know that if I give myself 15 to 30 minutes a day to cut
out blocks, I will be that much closer to having this quilt DONE in
four years!


Here is the backing. I LOVE this fabric.

I also have to share the fabulous new dinner we are going to be making
all Summer. It is grilled pizza. Yep- you cook the dough right on the grill.
The recipe says charcoal grill, but I am a gas grill girl. I adore my gas
grill. We grill all through the winter. This was so delicious and the house
smelled so good- like we were at Paragary's.


Happy quilting and grilling, Me

No comments: