Thursday, March 27, 2008

Look at what is being made of vintage sheets at Sew Me Something Good.
I love it! Here is my vinatge 1970's quilt ;o) My mom made it. Since we lived
in Hawaii, there was no need for batting. She made both the front and back
flimsies, then put the right sides together, stitched around the edges leaving
an opening to turn it right side out, and then top stitched it down. The
fabrics are wild! Ya know, those were the days when you used what you had
because there just was not any other option! It is a treasure.

Back
My mom and I at the Honolulu International Airport, 1969
I loved the dresses she made for herself. The fabrics are so
great.
Love, Me

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I said I wasn't going to read your quilt blog so I wouldn't be green with envy...but here I am...I found I have been drawn to it anyway. I love the picture of your mom! I love your quilts. YOu have inspired me to SOMEHOW, in the middle of no-where-ville Honduras, to try and renew my quilting desires with NO tools at all! No rotary cutter, no cutting board, no sewing machine - but alas - neither did those ladies not so very long ago - so I can do it too! We shall see what I come up with.

Moorea said...

E, I am glad you are going to continue- Laura Ingalls Wilder style!
What a neat thing to be able to try!
I bet you will find kindered quilt souls in Honduras. Oh the fabric- I bet the patterns will be wonderful to work with. When you get something started, let me know and I will link to it from this blog. It will be fun to get tips from a real quilting pioneer ~M

DoriAnn said...

Your Mom is so goregous and still is today!!!!!

I love your smile!~

DoriAnn