Sunday, June 1, 2008

Nine Patch Baby Blanket

I cut 2" 30's print strips for nine patches today.
My mom & I are making a baby quilt for my cousin Susan
who is having her first baby at 41! We are going
to add them to the left over nine patches from the trade.
We are keeping this more pastel than Erik's, as she loves purple.
And I want to add solid white blocks in between to make it bigger.
My mom wants it to be like Erik's quilt, below.
I'll let you know who wins out!


Now I have to cut the white strips...
Her shower is in one month...

Love, Moorea :o)

2 comments:

corry said...

Love the 30's fabric for this one! And I think a nine patch is a great pattern too! Your cousin will love this quilt!

Lucy said...

I'm happy to see you back in quiltig world. Love this quilt very much. I collected some repro feedsacks fabrics too.. Your quilt makes me that I want to start too :-)