Friday, June 27, 2008

DoriAnn's Yo Yo

This is my friend DoriAnn's quilt. I have been helping her
work out how she could use the antique yo-yos she had
to make a quilt for her mother. This quilt is SO her mother.
If you knew her mother, you'd KNOW this is the perfect quilt.

We made the field solid navy blue with a white border.
The backing is the same navy color. She sent it to my quilter, Amy,
who quilted it with a large meandering pattern in white.
Now that we have it back, I will teach her how to make the binding
and put it on.

We will lay the yo-yo flowers on in sets of four with "sprigs" of three
yo-yos in between. She will appliqué them on and then she will be
finished! Oh yeah- We'll need to make a label.
Gotta get her thinking about that!

Love, Moorea

1 comment:

DoriAnn said...

label, what label? Howse about - to mom, love your daughter.

naw

Your right, I need to think about this!

Doriann