Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Laying Rail Road Blocks

I laid out the
Rail Road blocks
today. I realized
I need to make 20
more blocks,
so it will take a little
time before this one
gets put together.

Jacob saw it laid
out, ran as fast as
his little legs could
carry him and threw himself down
on the blocks exclaiming "Night night!"
It is amazing how much quilts are part of
our psyche in this family. He gets covered-up
with a quilt every night, so he knows exactly
what this one will be used for. We call the
quilts I've made by name because each one
has its own special qualities. "I need the sick
quilt." so soft you want it when you are sick.
"Find the Chinese Coin!" very lightweight
and small enough for the Littles to use on warm
nights. "Where is my Penguin blanket?" That is
for Daddy ONLY. Daddy gets crabby if someone
has absconded with his blanket. There are more,
but you get the picture, these special creations
are part of our everyday life now.
Even my baby knows that.

Love, Moorea

2 comments:

tasyan said...

That's so great! You know, i always thought that quilting is typical russian thing (because i'm russian, i suppose:-) i see now that's not true! I wish i had one of your beautiful quilts right now cause it's minus 10 in Moscow:-)

corry said...

this quilt will be beautiful, so bright! I know what you mean, we also name our quilts.