Monday, February 11, 2008

30's Railroad Tracks

This week has been filled with sickness. Now the Big Boys may have it.
Lord help me.
So, the first thing I did after getting the Little Boys down
was escape to the quilt studio.
HA! I WISH it was the quilt studio.
It is more like a mud room. I need to have some fantasies, OK?!
There are also 2,000 books in there.
Well, some fantasies are harder to create than others.
My mom hates to sew
in it with me because if something hits the floor,
it gets dirty. Sorry mom, you've
forgotten the reality of having KIDS
at home. Kids that play in the dirt and forget to
take their
shoes off when they come in. Don't ask why it does not get swept.
OK-
you asked. I do sweep it, but we also have a dog that sheds
tumbleweeds of hair and
even though he is 98% outside,
that hair gets inside. Blast that wind. Also, the floor
inexplicably collects matchbox cars and thread/ fabric scraps.
Speaking of fabric...


I worked on my 30's Railroad Tracks blocks tonight. Aren't they fantastic?
I laid them out two ways. My favorite is the one on point, above.
9 done, 24 more to go
.


Love, Moorea

2 comments:

Mrs. W. said...

Dear Moorea,

I am squinting to see the designs of the individual fabric pieces. So many and so pretty. "On point" is striking as it gives the whole design movement...a dancer's point of view.

Love,

Mrs. W.

Moorea said...

Thank you, Mrs. W for leaving a comment! I think the on point is great, too. I did not know you were
a dancer! Next time I see you you'll have to tell me all about that old life.