Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Rearranging My Sewing Area


I purchased a new desk for $35.00 at the thrift store this past week,
it is perfect for this room and it's a bit taller than my other desk
which I wanted to sew at. This one is easier on my back for cutting fabric.


I have rearranged my little sewing area with the two desks so
I can properly use the new sewing machine my parents bought me
for Christmas! Woohoo! It is a Singer Confidence Quilter.
I can quilt my own quilts now! I put my spool holder and
ruler rack up. I wanted to paint the wall behind the desks,
but then the rest of room which needs to be painted desperately
would bug me too much, so I will wait.
It feels awesome to have this little dream come true.

Love, Moorea

2 comments:

SubeeSews said...

WOW! It looks so nice and organized!
Love you BIG pin cushion.
I don't know how tall you are, but those "bed risers" thingies would fit under your newest desk's legs to raise it to waist height on me which is perfect. I am 5'6".
Subee in snowy Indiana

Moorea said...

SuBee-I'm only 5'4" pretty short! Hahah! This 33" high desk is perfect for me. Princess Buttercup uses risers for her desk. It's a great idea!