Sunday, August 31, 2008

How to Quilt With Your Brain Disengaged

Wow! I was finally able to grab some time to quilt tonight!
It has been a while since I have had the energy to sit and
think about what needs to happen with old quilts I have forgotten
about, such as this menagerie of five inch charm squares.
"Fric and Frac," the tumbling, fist fighting duo have worn me to
oblivion lately. They have used all available brain cells to
monitor their every need and squabble. So imagine my surprise
when I was able to sort through old projects on the
'quilt project shelf' while they played reasonably well in the back yard.
I secretly sat down at my sewing machine(which overlooks the
sandbox.) to sew a few of these EASY blocks together.
Now here comes the brain disengaged part.
I wanted to sew, sooo badly. I was tired. I decided that if this
flimsy is EVER to get done, I need to just throw these blocks
together randomly and see what happens. I do not have the time
OR the room to lay them out. So... after the Littles were bathed
and put to bed, I disengaged my brain and sewed my heart out!
You can tell, but once it is quilted, it will not be so bad.
I feel like a million bucks. I actually got something of substance
sewed-up and close to being finished. Wahoo!!!

Love, Moorea

1 comment:

DoriAnn said...

Actually this looks fantastic. I'm sure it will be warm and cozy for some deserving person. Which will not be me, as I cannot bear having so many patterns and colors mixed together.

Enjoy your satisfaction. Today is another day, perhaps you'll get a moment to sneak away and do something else.

DoriAnn