Saturday, April 11, 2009

Baby Quilt


I have been working on a baby quilt for my first cousin once
removed!(That means my first cousin's cousin's baby) She and
her husband are in the Army. I thought it'd be fun to make
them a baby quilt with Army colors. I found this adorable
fabric at Joann's. I wanted to keep it very soft looking,so
I used a small green gingham with the bear fabric to make the
5" nine patches. I mitered the brown inner border. I have
never mitered before and it went pretty well. I had to look at
three resources to get all my questions answered and I only had
to adjust two corners. I am going to get it basted today and
my mom will quilt it and then I will put brown binding on it.
I think it will very sweet.


Here is Josiah's baby quilt that was made by a lady who used to go to
our church years ago. I did not quilt then and was so blessed to
receive something so precious. It is beginning to fall apart. I
I had it in his memory box so he would be able to have it later,
but I ended up using it with the little boys.

Here is the next set of fabric I collected to make another baby
quilt for a very special long time friend. I hope to start that
soon.

Love, Moorea

3 comments:

DoriAnn said...

Oh it turned out beautiful. You make me want to get pregnant again, just for a quilt from Auntie ___. These sure will be keepsakes.

DoriAnn

Moorea said...

DoriAnn,
You can have a lap quilt, you don't have to get preggers to get a quilt from me~ silly girl! ~Moorea

DoriAnn said...

ooooh, I'm so lucky. Yipee! I have been curling up with a soft one I bought from Winco, but the cat thinks it's hers.

DoriAnn