Thursday, November 27, 2008

All Laid Out And Ready To Sew


I was able to cut out all the fabric for my mom's quilt today!
I have enough to do two quilts. I will stash the other fabric
away to make at a later time. So here it is, all laid out on my
bed. Aren't the jewel tones luscious? I am going to chain sew
them in blocks of four and then sew those blocks together. It
will go together lickety-split. It is the quilting that will take
a while. I am going to use orange thread and quilt it in a pattern
that mimics the everglade leaves. I think I can handle one row a
week, we'll see if I can do more. I hope so - as I have to get the
binding on by Christmas.

My Aunt Carolyn, my mom's sister, told me the colors reminded her
her of the Chihuly Exhibit they both went to see in
San Francisco at the de Young few months ago. Click on the arrows
on the bottom of the site to see the exhibit. His glass work is
visionary. It is hard to believe glass can be blown into such
large forms. My mom raved about the exhibit, so I am sure she
will like the colors and style of this quilt. It looks washed out
in the photo- thanks to my overactive flash.

Love, Moorea

1 comment:

DoriAnn said...

This is soooo your momma. She'll love it. Is this for Christmas?

Did you ever finish the screen door?

DoriAnn