Saturday, December 6, 2008

Tumbler Update


Here is a mock-up of the tumbler pattern I created, that
unfortunately was a paper template. That does not really work
when you try to cut fabric with it over and over. I ended up
cutting the tumblers out wrong and each point was so obviously
off. You do not want the points to be off with the tumbler. It
is like a big red arrow pointing at the off points shouting
"ALL the points are off!" I'm no perfectionist, but that does
not work for me.



Here is the tumbler pattern I got off of e-bay. It is a great acrylic
template,it was just proportioned differently than what I was
expecting. The pattern I made used a 5" tall tumbler, and this is a
4 1/2" tall tumbler,which is fine, but the bottom on the new one is
WIDER than the one I made, by 1 " and that really spreads it out.
I thought was not not going to like it, but I cut fabric to make
another mock-up and it looks pretty good. It's grown on me!
Somehow it is more elegant, and not so country. It even came with
a 1/2 block template to finish the edges without having to cut
and waste fabric to square it up.

Love, Moorea

1 comment:

DoriAnn said...

How purty. Your soo talented.

I sewed yesterday! yahoo!

DoriAnn