Saturday, May 15, 2010
I have been putting this quilt on hold because I was stuck
as how to get the balance right- some of the blocks
were sewn in the wrong order and it just looked like
there was a "hole" where an everglade block should be.
I finally took the whole thing apart across the middle,
flipped it, and voila! it worked. It's not perfect, but
I knew my Mom would love it anyhow. She just wanted it done!
It ended up being 60 X 80- which is a lovely size to
snuggle up in on the couch!
Here is the pieced backing. I wanted it to be an ode to
the Gee's Bend quilts my Mom loves so much.
I did not have time to make it any more intricate,
or I would never have gotten it done! I was able to get
it ready to take with me to a church women's retreat I
went to a few weeks ago and finish the binding there.
Whew! If you click on the pic, you can see the
variegated thread and how I quilted it to look like
streamers. (Same thread as the wall hanging below.
I am very happy with how it turned out, and Mom LOVES it!