Saturday, March 13, 2010

this and that


I finally made a decision to try to find more of this
Shamash Brothers fabric online. Unfortunately for me,
they have stopped making collections for fabric
retailers and have sold off old stock. They mainly do
upholstery/ design fabrics now. This print was from
2006- so I was very lucky to find 2 yards on ebay!
I had 2 fat quarters, but could not get a good fussy
cut of the designs for the Arizona Cross quilt.
Having more of this means I can fussy cut the strip
designs and incorporate them into the quilt somehow.


I finally had a break through on my Mom's Everglades
quilt. I had shelved it because it was just so
unbalanced and I could not figure out how to fix it
without opening the middle of it and adding one of
the everglades blocks. I had DoriAnn over last week
and asked her opinion of it and she agreed that
there seemed to be a "hole" where an everglade
block should be. We both had an epiphany at the same
time "Rip it down the middle and flip the bottom up
to the middle section." I sat and ripped seams,
flipped it and it worked! So I was able to get the
borders on today! Wahoo!


I cut the leftover border strips and solid color blocks
into 3" squares and played with them for a while until
I came-up with a pretty good design. This will be fun
to make into a doll sized quilt.

1 comment:

DoriAnn said...

Perfect, two heads are better than one sometimes.

DoriAnn