Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day


Here is a collection of pillows my mom has made me over the years.
I really like the ribbon pillows. There were more, but most of them
were white linen with crocheted edges and unfortunately
they wore out from being on my bed. I love these- they remind
me of our family Valentine's dinners when I was a kid.


My mom would hang red and white streamers and she would decorate
the table in red and white, plates, linens, candy, etc. Little
handmade cards would be on each china plate and the candy would
be in little glass animal tidbit holders all over the table.
Only one of the smallest, most thoughtful gifts could be given
to each person. Usually we gave my parents a favorite candy bar
or boxed cards...something like that (or a tube of acrylic
paint in my dad's case!) After a nice dinner, we would go 'round
the table and each person would open a card and read the sentiment,
until all had been read, and the tiny gifts opened and delighted
over. Then we would have a delicious desert!

Happy Valentine's Day!

Love, Moorea

2 comments:

corry said...

Happy Valentines day to you too!

DoriAnn said...

What sweet memories you always have of you and your momma. The pillows are great!

DoriAnn