Monday, July 21, 2008

Baby Shower


My cousin, Susan, loved the quilt. Here she is displaying it.
She got many clothes for the baby, and a beautiful whole cloth
quilt embroidered with 8 teddy bears from My aunt Gloria who is
phenomenal needlewoman. In the mayhem, I forgot to take a pic.

Here is a baby quilt my mom made approximately 30 years ago for
one of my other cousins, Robyn (same side.) Her daughter, Lilli is
using it now. My mom does not remember making it. She made
so many, how could she? When my aunt put it on the floor,
my mom just stared at it and she was thinking,
"Wow, that looks like something I'd make!" Funny.

I love this fabric. My mom made ALOT of quilts through the
years out of this kind of fabric. It was much heavier than everyday
cotton, but not upholstery grade. She always made two tops,
(no batting as we did not need it in Hawaii.) put right sides
together, sewed around the outside, leaving an opening to
turn it right side out top stitching the opening down
( after a thorough ironing.)
Here is another example of her work. I love her quilting style.

Love, Moorea

1 comment:

corry said...

At the look on your cousins face I can see that she's very happy with this quilt! I love the other one your mother made 30 years ago...so colorful!