Monday, April 5, 2010

A Gift


This giant tub was given to me at church a few weeks
ago by our pastor and his wife. His Mom had passed
away and they wanted to pass her quilting goodies
onto a quilter- so I was the lucky recipient!
Thank you! Thank you! Thank You!


I called Princess Buttercup to hot foot it over
so I could open it up with her and share its riches!


Besides many desirable pieces of fabric and notions
was this twin sized pieced eight point crumb star flimsy.
It was probably made in the 50's (some of the pieces
give it away) and the edges were turned and hand
stitched to be what PB thinks was a useful bed covering.
I can understand not wanting/ having the time to had quilt!


A closer look.


This beauty is a string quilt that is badly worn in some
areas due to the really just inappropriate use of stretch
fabric as quilting material. PB says she can show me how
to repair and reuse this fabulous quilt! I was not so sure
I wanted to take that on, but I am willing to try and I know
I will learn a lot in the process!

3 comments:

DoriAnn said...

Wow, is that the tub you were given? What a great gift!

DoriAnn

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, what BEAUTIFUL quilts! You're an artist! Really wonderful! Hey, want to trade some Spanish lessons this summer for help with finishing a quilting project Risa and I started three plus years ago? Hmmm. . . Just a thought. Could be lots of fun :-)
Thank you, sweet friend for visiting my blog. I like that pic of my Dad and me, too. He's had a rough year and I don't get to see him very much. I do hope the kids and I will manage a trip down to Fallbrook to visit in May.
XXOX to you and yours!

Moorea said...

Mary- I would love to help you finish a quilt- it would be so much fun! I'm afraid I'm not much on the Spanish idea, but give me lemonade and a few visits to your lovely home, and that's all I ask for. email me when you have a time in mind.
Love, Moorea