Friday, February 12, 2010

Decorative Sampler & Heirloom Stitching


It was recommended at my last sewing class that I make a sampler
of all the decorative stitches my machine can do. I had so
much fun making this- and it will definitely come in handy
because some of the stitches do not look like their picture
at all!



We also did something so interesting- heirloom stitching.
All you need is a wing needle and linen or 100% cotton fabric.
I cannot wait to do some little project using this technique.
Here are some links so you can see fabulous examples:
Janice Henning's Heirloom Stitches
Gina Butler


You can see how the needle flares out- that is what makes
the holes so big. order one on ebay here.

1 comment:

DoriAnn said...

The heirloom stitching is beautiful. Make hankies for Christmas presents, they'll be treasured. Also a little Cristining dress for Matt's baby. (Whenever that happens :)

DoriAnn