Friday, October 10, 2008

Thrift Store Find

I found this great utility quilt at Eco Thrift for $6.99! Wow!
It is not the most beautiful quilt. I believe it was made for a
grandma in a rest home, as a name is written in the margins,
and floral scraps were mixed with checkers to make it not
so tempting to those who might want to steal it.

The backing is a sweet tan floral print. The size is a generous twin.
What I really liked about it is the batting is a blanket. It is very heavy,
so it makes for the perfect weekend mountain retreat blanket.
Josiah will be using it for just that purpose this weekend.
I saw on the weather last night that is is going to be very
blustery all weekend, so I am glad he can take it!

Love, Moorea

4 comments:

corry said...

Wow..indeed! What a great find, areal treasure!

Anonymous said...

Hey, someone asked me about the quilt you practiced on to learn the quiltying maching. Can you show us?

DoriAnn

Moorea said...

The machine quilt class quilt was quilted on by everyone for about 3-5 minutes each and when it was done, I was not quick enough when asked who wants this to use as a dog blanket or something? (It sure was ugly) anyhow, judging from the gals reaction, she either needed to be blessed that day, or she did not get out much! SO- I do not have it, and I have not had time to get back to try it out, although I have 2 quilt tops ready to practice on.

Roseanne said...

how could some one through that lovely quilt out.You would think it would get past down the family line. good fine for you. wonder what sort of history that quilt has.