Saturday, December 29, 2007

Tapa Quilt




I have been working on my Dad's tapa quilt top for months. I was not able to get it done for Christmas. Oh well. I did find him an aloha shirt with the same colors of the quilt. He was happy with that. I am working on the last honu (Hawaiian for turtle.) Once that is appliquéd , I really
think the borders will go on quickly. Although I will be mitering them and I have not done that before. I have good instructions though!!! Wish me luck! When I am done I will post a picture from the book this top was patterned after.
Moorea

4 comments:

Mrs. W. said...

Dear Moorea,

This is a fine and fun idea! Congratulations! As a want-a-be quilter, I will enjoy this.

God bless you!

Mrs. W.

Mom Richardson said...

Moorea I am looking forward to seeing all of the updates and pictures to come. This is exciting. Wouldn't it be great if I won a quilt?
Love, Mom2

DoriAnn said...

My dear sister,

FUN! You are so talented, your dad's quilt is awesome. I can't wait to win the quilt. Sorry to the rest of you. ha

DoriAnn

cat2shoe said...

From a once professional sewer who unfortunately (or fortunately) did not teach her daughter how to sew, Moorea had that talent in her already from genes of sewers! I am so proud that the first quilt she did, we cut and sewed together as a gift for my mother, Moorea's grandmother for her 87th birthday..it was called Pinwheel with no repeating fabrics! We had about one hundreds hours of fun and laughter together! Love, Mom