Saturday, March 22, 2008

Happy Easter

Hello. I hope you are all having a happy Easter. I decided to post about my
brother Kyle, who passed away in 1981 when he was 11 years old. My family
always takes the anniversary day of his death to look at pictures and
remember him. Today happens to be that day, so I am posting a few pics
and some poems I wrote about him.
The pain of the exceptionally rare
brain tumor on his nervous system is now gone,
but not the pain of
missing him so very much. My comfort is that I have the absolute
assurance
that I will be together with him in Glory one day.

KYLE
He sits there helplessly trying to eat,
waiting for the numbness in his feet.
He wonders, "What is happening to me?
Am I going to live or die fast asleep?"
He waits in the office for the doctor to see
if he can come back, come back to me.
I wait and think if he'll ever come back
when he can run and play, do his work and say,
"Because of God I am here today."
And I wait like him too, but in a different way.
Then some day I will stand up and say,
"I waited for him, and I helped him through,
and because of your prayers, you helped him too."
~Moorea (eighth grade)

END
He's going now,
And going slow,
His heartbeat rapid,
His pulse is low.
I cry to see him hurt;
His eyes show no reflection.
I feel like yelling at God,
But I remember I need more perfection.
I fell the devil near,
I hear it in my ear,
the calling of the devil
to curse the God I love
I reject the hateful jest
And lay my eyes to rest.
He is going now,
Going now,
And going slow,
So very slow;
it is the end of the life of my brother,
the end.
~Moorea (eighth grade)

No comments: