Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Picnic Quilt


Here is Princess Buttercup, my quilt mentor. She gave me the best birthday
gift a quilter can give another quilter- she helped me measure, square up and generally kick my butt to sew-up the quilt I have not been able to finish for my brother and new sister in law. uhhum, they have been married for 2 years now and
it is finally getting sent off to the quilter! Thank you PB. you know you are the best!


Here is the finished quilt top. It is 64" by 64". My SIL loves orange and blue.
She loves these colors- and I happened to find blue plumeria (her favorite flower- her wedding ring is a silver plumeria) pattern that has orange middles. I worked it
into the quilt and voila- here you go!

I am hoping to send it off to Angela @ Quilting Is My Therapy. She can write with her long arm quilting machine and that is part of what I want done to this.
In the orange rectangles I am going to(hopefully)have her write all kinds of special memories from their courtship as the quilting. I think it will be totally unique and a keepsake they will treasure.


2 comments:

DoriAnn said...

You always have such a vision for quilting. I know that your brother and wifey will love it. Great music by the way!

DoriAnn

DoriAnn said...

Wasn't your brother's Tapa quilt on of the first you made?

DoriAnn