Thursday, April 15, 2010

Vintage Patterns

While looking through many boxes of photos for a huge
project(Josiah's high school graduation presentation
board) due next month, I cam across a box full of old
family photos my aunt had given me a few years ago
after she cleaned out my Grandmas' house. I Little did
I know the box was a time capsule! In the bottom were
THESE! I still have some investigating to do, but I
think that my Gram got these on a visit back to see all
the family in Arkansas in the 1990's? sometime. My Gram
did not quilt, but she brought back a few family quilts,
and the pattern at the end, Grandma's Fan, had the same
hand quilting done on it. ENJOY!




I really want to try Palm Leaf.



V Block is very cool-
I cannot wait to try it with vintage fabrics.

Click on this to enlarge and you can see a dotted
quilt pattern, a very sweet spider web.





I call this Sand Dollar



Here is the pattern. It is not from 1922-
it is pattern # 1922. It is complete.

2 comments:

Annette--PB said...

Cool---you always find the neatest stuff!
I love the little babies in the tub---too cute!
Is there a date on the pattern? Even if not, I'd love to look at it because I have a bunch of old wedding ring arcs, but no pattern for the squares or center melons or diamonds. Maybe I can figure out a pattern for mine so I can finish it?
P.B.

Moorea said...

No date on the pattern. Of course you may borrow it anytime!
~M